Join us at our Open Day!
Saturday 12th July from 10am to 2pm - Everyone welcome!
Edukids Remuera is a quality childcare centre situated on the corner of Remuera Road and St Marks Road, convenient to Newmarket train station and motorway access.
We aspire to maintain our excellent reputation in promoting stimulation and development for children from 3 months to 5 years. We promote equality and inclusion for children with special needs and work alongside their support group to help them become confident and capable learners.
We are a well-established passionate team who provide children and parents with a loving, caring environment designed to enrich our children and families. The teachers also speak many other languages which helps second language speakers feel more settled and secure in their environment.
Our building is a character old villa with a cascade of rooms (in the over 2’s) that encourages children to be excited and helps teachers to set up new adventures every day! Our guiding philosophy ensures children's interests are followed and teachers plan learning experiences which relate to and extend those interests. We also provide a Be School Ready programme - all your child needs to do and know before starting primary school.
The under 2’s area is designed to have easy supervision and quieter spaces for younger infants. The two different playgrounds are spacious and cater for various children’s needs – from learning to crawl on a safe mat, to climbing ladders, mastering balancing, doing tricks on the monkey bars and creating forts!
One of our centre's strengths is the home-away-from-home atmosphere. As a centre we:
- Provide homemade nutritious meals catering for special dietary needs;
- We have parties and celebrations throughout the year such as Christmas, Frozen ice party and Matariki concert;
- Teach children about sustainability through growing our own vegetables and recycling paper;
- Develop strong sense of community by having local walks and inviting community into the centre (eg story-times).
- Provide a variety of extension classes from other companies such as, Twinkle Toes and Playball
We are now excited to offer our families access to Storypark e-portfolios. They are a great way to keep up to date with what you child is doing while at the centre. You can log in to the secure platform wherever you are in the world to see what's been happening in their day, check out photos of them and comment on their activities. Click here for more information of this fantastic resource.
We welcome you to visit our quality childcare centre to see how we can help your child become a happy, confident learner.
Ask about our Be School Ready programme.
What else you can expect from our childcare centre:
• Homemade nutritious meals catering for special dietary needs
• Stretch-n-grow fitness programme on Tuesdays - teaching children good habits from early age
• Twinkle ToesDance Class on Thursdays - music, movement, ballet and fun
• Playball session on Fridays are a fun way to learn ball skills from an early age catered by a professional coach
• Weekly email to update parents with news and reminders
• Monthly email of your child'e learning stories to make your daywhen you're busy at home or work
• Be School Ready programme - all your child needs to do and know before starting primary school
• Passionate teachers who speak other languages, such as Mandarin, Korean, Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam, Tamil, Tagalog (Filipino), Russian, Cantonese, Croatian, Te Reo
Click here to see our Over 2's centre's latest ERO report!
"Thank you all so much for the love, care, support and attention you have given Sophie and Ollie over the last 4 and a bit years. We have loved every minute of our time here and we are very grateful for the awesome head start you have given the kids as they head off on the next leg of their 'growing up journey." - September 2013
"Edukids Remuera is amazing and I could not be happier with the centre, management and staff. Staff are engaging, trusting and communicate well but efficiently about my child. They listen to my concerns, providing advice and reassurance where needed. I am completely comfortable that the care of my child is mutually important and a joint effort between the staff and myself. A huge thank you to them from a very happy parent! - October 2013