One of our centre's strengths is the home-away-from-home atmosphere we encourage, as well as our practice of working alongside parents to encourage their children to grow and develop. We focus on developing social skills and social competence that will help them to be successful throughout. We teach children about sustainability through growing our own vegetables and recycling paper. We develop strong sense of community by having local walks and inviting community into the centre (eg story-times).
Our guiding philosophy ensures children's interests are followed and teachers plan learning experiences which relate to and extend those interests.
We welcome you to visit our quality childcare centre to see how we can help your child become a happy, confident learner.
Ask about our Be School Ready programme.
What else you can expect from our childcare centre:
• Homemade nutritious meals catering for special dietary needs
• Stretch-n-grow fitness programme on Tuesdays - teaching children good habits from early age
• Twinkle ToesDance Class on Thursdays - music, movement, ballet and fun
• Playball session on Fridays are a fun way to learn ball skills from an early age catered by a professional coach
• Weekly email to update parents with news and reminders
• Monthly email of your child'e learning stories to make your daywhen you're busy at home or work
• Be School Ready programme - all your child needs to do and know before starting primary school
• Passionate teachers who speak other languages, such as Mandarin, Korean, Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam, Tamil, Tagalog (Filipino), Russian, Cantonese, Croatian, Te Reo
Click here to see our Over 2's centre's latest ERO report!
We are excited to offer our families access to Storypark e-portfolios. They are a great way to keep up to date with what you child is doing while at the centre. You can log in to the secure platform wherever you are in the world to see what's been happening in their day, check out photos of them and comment on their activities. Click here for more information of this fantastic resource.
"To Luiza and the whole EduKids Remuera team. Thank you all so much for the love, care, support and attention you have given Sophie and Ollie over the last 4 and a bit years. We have loved every minute of our time here and we are very grateful for the awesome head start you have given the kids as they head off on the next leg of their 'growing up journey'. " - September 2013
"Edukids Remuera is amazing and I could not be happier with the centre, management and staff. Staff are engaging, trusting and communicate well but efficiently about my child. They listen to my concerns, providing advice and reassurance where needed. I am completely comfortable that the care of my child is mutually important and a joint effort between the staff and myself. A huge thank you to them from a very happy parent!
"Dear Luiza, Judith & all the special teachers at Edukids: Thank you so so very much for a fantastic experience for Elyse & I! We had a great time here & we couldn’t have asked for a better school for our little girl! You have an incredible group of teachers in the Nest room! It is not often that a group of people are so generous with their love for each child! Each teacher shares such extraordinary passion for teaching! They should be celebrated everyday! We leave NZ with happy memories of the Nest & Elyse’s time here! Please keep in touch as would like to keep you all in our lives! Luiza- it was a pleasure sharing a classroom with Oscar! He is a wonderful, happy little boy & Elyse is proud to be his friend. Take care everyone & keep making a difference in children’s lives. You certainly changed ours forever!! With much love & respect, Matt, Patty & Elyse Harrison."