Edukids Remuera is a quality childcare centre situated on the corner of Remuera Road and St Marks Road, convenient to Newmarket train station and motorway access.
We aspire to maintain our excellent reputation in promoting stimulation and development for children from 3 months to 5 years. We promote equality and inclusion for children with special needs and work alongside their support group to help them become confident and capable learners.
We are a well-established passionate team who provide children and parents with a loving, caring environment designed to enrich our children and families. The teachers also speak many other languages which helps second language speakers feel more settled and secure in their environment.
Our building is a character old villa with a cascade of rooms (in the over 2’s) that encourages children to be excited and helps teachers to set up new adventures every day! Our guiding philosophy ensures children's interests are followed and teachers plan learning experiences which relate to and extend those interests. We also provide a Be School Ready programme - all your child needs to do and know before starting primary school.
The under 2’s area is designed to have easy supervision and quieter spaces for younger infants. The two different playgrounds are spacious and cater for various children’s needs – from learning to crawl on a safe mat, to climbing ladders, mastering balancing, doing tricks on the monkey bars and creating forts!
One of our centre's strengths is the home-away-from-home atmosphere. As a centre we:
- Provide homemade nutritious meals catering for special dietary needs;
- We have parties and celebrations throughout the year such as Christmas, Frozen ice party and Matariki concert;
- Teach children about sustainability through growing our own vegetables and recycling paper;
- Develop strong sense of community by having local walks and inviting community into the centre (eg story-times).
- Provide a variety of extension classes from other companies such as, Twinkle Toes and Playball
We are now excited to offer our families access to Storypark e-portfolios. They are a great way to keep up to date with what you child is doing while at the centre. You can log in to the secure platform wherever you are in the world to see what's been happening in their day, check out photos of them and comment on their activities. Click here for more information of this fantastic resource.
We welcome you to visit our quality childcare centre to see how we can help your child become a happy, confident learner.
Ask about our Be School Ready programme.
What else you can expect from our childcare centre:
• Homemade nutritious meals catering for special dietary needs
• Stretch-n-grow fitness programme on Tuesdays - teaching children good habits from early age
• Twinkle ToesDance Class on Thursdays - music, movement, ballet and fun
• Playball session on Fridays are a fun way to learn ball skills from an early age catered by a professional coach
• Weekly email to update parents with news and reminders
• Monthly email of your child'e learning stories to make your daywhen you're busy at home or work
• Be School Ready programme - all your child needs to do and know before starting primary school
• Passionate teachers who speak other languages, such as Mandarin, Korean, Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam, Tamil, Tagalog (Filipino), Russian, Cantonese, Croatian, Te Reo
Click here to see our Over 2's centre's latest ERO report!
“Our daughter started at Edukids Remuera when she turned three. She had previously been at two other day care centres prior to this – one we moved her from as the weekly price got too much and the other we moved her from as the general level of organisation and cleanliness of the place was not up to standard. We were immediately impressed by the centre. It seemed very safe, warm, had plenty of outdoors space for the summer and the teachers and parents were very welcoming. The communication from the centre and the organisation was a level above what we have experienced with other daycare centres and there were plenty of events and social functions too. All in all, I would give Edukids Remuera a 10/10. We were really happy with all aspects of the centre. I would whole-heartedly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a day care centre in the Newmarket/Remuera area” - July 2014